This hands-on course involves practical exercises and real-life simulations. This class provides First Responders with an understanding of how to identify, seize, search and collect digital evidence. Participants will learn how to acquire digital evidence utilizing both software and hardware acquisition tools and will learn how to search and collect digital evidence utilizing EnCase® Portable and Tableau forensic bridges.
Students attending this course will learn the following:
- Identification, securing and collecting electronic evidence
- Acquisition of computer memory
- Software acquisition of digital media
- Acquisition of digital media utilizing Tableau hardware bridges
- Data collection from a running and turned off computer utilizing EnCase Portable